Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: DCERPC generated files

From: Alexis La Goutte <alexis.lagoutte () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2014 21:27:13 +0200

On Tue, Jun 24, 2014 at 5:34 PM,  <mmann78 () netscape net> wrote:
Hi Michael
To the discussion on "generated" source files - I still can't build the
DCERPC files on Windows (I blame Yapp, but it could also be ignorance).  It
would be GREAT if the build magicians could fix that.

However, thanks to Evan at Sharkfest, I now have a lubuntu setup that I am
trying to learn.  The proto_tree_add_subtree effort has afforded me another
excuse to try to regenerate the DCERPC files.  Following the instructions
(always a good a start), I was able to regenerate the dissectors from the
.idl files in epan/dissectors/pidl base directory on my lubuntu setup.  I
could not generate the "subdirectory" ones (mapi, nspi, rfr) or the ones in
the epan/dissectors/dcerpc.  As a "sanity check", I downloaded all of samba
to compare.
What procedure do you have use ? because i have always problem when i
try to regenerate Pidl dissector

In diffing the samba code to Wireshark, there were no significant (or
unexplanable) changes in the (wireshark) tools/pidl directories.  However,
it doesn't appear that samba has the idl files that I can't build (mapi,
nspi, rfr, budb, butc).  Are these somehow "Wireshark only" (did someone not
put them in samba or did samba take them out)?  Do they need to be updated
to the most recent pidl compiler?  I can provide build errors, but they
didn't make much sense to me, especially since some of the "base" idl files
had build errors, but still managed to generate a dissector.

May be add Samba Team in CC ? like this topic

http://www.wireshark.org/lists/wireshark-dev/201310/msg00219.html

Michael