Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: Clang code analysis buildbot

From: Alexis La Goutte <alexis.lagoutte () gmail com>
Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2014 17:01:17 +0100

On Sat, Mar 22, 2014 at 4:41 PM, Hadriel Kaplan
<hadriel.kaplan () oracle com> wrote:

On Mar 21, 2014, at 5:31 PM, Guy Harris <guy () alum mit edu> wrote:

On Mar 21, 2014, at 2:18 PM, Hadriel Kaplan <hadriel.kaplan () oracle com> wrote:

How long does the clang code analysis buldbot

You mean the "beat the living hell out of Wireshark to look for bugs in many different ways" buildbot? :-)

What does it actually *do*?  It looks like some of the crash bugs it submits are GUI-specific and only occur way down
the packet list, so presumably it actually loads the fuzzed files in wireshark and scrolls down the list. Does it
also try some of the graphs/analyzers?

I ask because I can't repo a crash with bug 9887 by just viewing it, but if I select Telephony->Voip Calls... boom
goes the dynamite.
Hi,

Only fuzzing the dissector code (with tshark)
there is no fuzzing (or automatic test ) for GUI (Wireshark)

Alexis

-hadriel