Wireshark mailing list archives

How to include new dissector wrriten in Lua (pure Lua) to Wireshark

From: Nakayama Kenjiro <nakayamakenjiro () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2014 14:29:35 +0900

Hi,

Recently I wrote new dissector by pure Lua[1] and I am thinking about
submitting a request to include the dissector to Wireshark.
But as far as I checked upstream, there are no pure Lua dissector yet.
And I don't know where shoudld I put the code in and how to modify
Makefiles.

So my question is
Is there any guideline to include pure Lua dissector? If no guideline yet,
why don't we make it?

This is my personal opinion, now Lua became good for writing a new
dissector and samples like /test/lua/dissector.lua is really great. New
dissector written in Lua request will increase in the future.

[1] https://github.com/nak3/jgroups-wireshark-dissector

Thanks,

Kenjiro

--
Kenjiro NAKAYAMA <nakayamakenjiro () gmail com>
GPG Key fingerprint = ED8F 049D E67A 727D 9A44  8E25 F44B E208 C946 5EB9