Wireshark mailing list archives

Having problem with fragment_add_seq_check

From: "Zadik, Maayan" <mzadik () qti qualcomm com>
Date: Sun, 25 May 2014 14:58:01 +0000

Hello guys,

I'm having a weird problem with the fragment_add_seq_check function.
I have a DLL plugin where I handle fragmentation.
The same DLL, which works with Wireshark 1.8.6:
frag=1, patch_seq=0, msg_id=3608, frag_remaining=33, frag_msg=059FF780
fails in Wireshark 1.8.8:
frag=1, patch_seq=0, msg_id=3608, frag_remaining=33, frag_msg=00000000

below is the function call I use (params are corresponding to the text above):
frag_msg = fragment_add_seq_check(tvb,offset,pinfo,msg_id,
                           my_fragment_table,
                           my_reassembled_table,
                           patch_seq,
                           frag_remaining, (frag != FR_LAST));

I checked several wireshark versions, older and newer (including latest 1.10 trunk) and for some reason I can only make
it work with 1.8.6.
did anyone ever had this problem? Or know what might cause this issue?
I'm lost.

Thanks,
Maayan