Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: FW: [Wireshark-commits] master 5330875: GTK+: Revert back to 2.24.14-1.1 on Win64.

From: Alexis La Goutte <alexis.lagoutte () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 8 Oct 2014 18:58:33 +0200

On Tue, Oct 7, 2014 at 10:38 PM, Pascal Quantin
<pascal.quantin () gmail com> wrote:

On 9/30/14 12:30 PM, Anders Broman wrote:

Den 30 sep 2014 21:27 skrev "Gerald Combs" <gerald () wireshark org
<mailto:gerald () wireshark org>>:

On 9/30/14 5:00 AM, Anders Broman wrote:

     Switching to the OBS GTK+ 3.14 package. It looks like a lot of
our GTK+ code is
   deprecated, including GtkAction and GtkAttachOptions.
   Would using 3.14 work if we remove on or more of these flags from
config.nmake?
      -DGDK_DISABLE_DEPRECATED \
      -DGDK_PIXBUF_DISABLE_DEPRECATED \
      -DGTK_DISABLE_DEPRECATED \
      -DGTK_DISABLE_SINGLE_INCLUDES \
      -DGSEAL_ENABLE

Possibly. If someone wants to experiment with this I can create GTK+
3.14 bundles and check them in to the win32-libs and win64-libs trunks.

I think that could be useful.

Done.

Hi all,

Alexis spotted a new Win64 GTK2 crash (when scrolling fast in the packet
window) seen exclusively on Win8.1 and not on Win7 (yes this also happens
with the old 2.24.14 package).
So I gave a try to the GTK 3.14 package. You will find attached the patch
allowing to generate the win32|64 installers. The good news is that it does
not crash anymore on Win8.1. And yes Balint, it does look better on Windows
:)
But there are still things that are not displayed properly (at least on
Windows, my Ubuntu machine is still on 3.10.8). What I spotted on my quick
test:
- half of the icons are missing in the toolbar
- no arrows in the scroll bars
- no arrows / cross in the packet panes or in the menus (like TCP
StreamGraph sub menu)
- probably other things I did not discover yet
I know basically nothing about GTK coding, so I'm not sure whether this is a
lot of work to fix those items or not. If  good soul is willing to take the
challenge, Win8.1 users would be happy (until Qt is finished of course !).

Cheers,
Pascal.

Thanks Pascal for the help,
The issue is on Win 8.* (i have no yet upgrade to 8.1..)

PS: looks like the win32 build crashes in libpixman-1-0.dll. I did not
investigate it yet as I'm not sure it's worth the trouble if we do not care
moving to GTK3.