Wireshark mailing list archives

Harman HiQnet protocol

From: Raphaël Doursenaud <rdoursenaud () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2014 00:41:52 +0200

Hi everyone,

I'm currently working on a dissector for the Harman HiQnet protocol.

This is a protocol used for controlling pro-audio gear from Harman Group
vendors (AKG, BSS, Crown, dbx, JBL, Lexicon, Martin, Soundcraft and Studer).
More information can be found at http://hiqnet.harmanpro.com/

This is my first time writing a dissector so I would like to thank and
congratulate the people who wrote the documentation. It's tremendously
helpful.

If anyone has any interest in helping bringing support for this protocol
into Wireshark, please chime in.
Protocol documentation is public, so it's fairly easy to implement.

I'm using a Soundcraft Si Compact 16 for analysis/debugging, the ultimate
goal being able to control it from a custom built application.

Work in progress is at https://github.com/EMATech/wireshark

Regards,
--
Raphaël Doursenaud