Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: ASN2WRS Plugin dissector

From: Anders Broman <anders.broman () ericsson com>
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2014 07:56:33 +0000

Hi,
Since this is a publically available asn1 specification I think you should work WITH the community and submit your
dissector trough gerrit in that way we would see your code and easier help you.

From your previous questions it seemed like your protocol is over UDP in which case you probably want to do
:
  prefs_register_uint_preference(cam_module, "btp.port", "BTP UDP port",
                           "BTP UDP port",
                           10, &global_cam_port);

:
-    cam_handle = create_dissector_handle(dissect_cam, proto_cam);
-    dissector_add_handle("btp.dport", cam_handle);
:
      dissector_delete_uint("udp.port", cam_port, cam_handle);
:
    dissector_add_uint("udo.port", global_cam_port, cam_handle);

If this isn’t the case and you have a BTP dissector which wraps the protocol over UDP you need to have your BTP
dissector register the btp.dport
Table.

Best regards
Anders