Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: Windows Buildbot Failures

From: Evan Huus <eapache () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2014 15:00:22 -0400

On Thu, Sep 25, 2014 at 2:48 PM, Gerald Combs <gerald () wireshark org> wrote:
On 9/25/14 10:59 AM, Graham Bloice wrote:
On 25 September 2014 18:54, Evan Huus <eapache () gmail com
<mailto:eapache () gmail com>> wrote:

    Anybody know why they started? It happened on one of my commits, but
    as far as I can tell the error is

             'C:\cygwin\bin\python2' is not recognized as an internal or
    external command,

    which doesn't look related to my changes...

In general Windows builds should be picking up the native Windows python
as the cygwin one is pretty slow.

For some reason CMake seems to be really good at finding Cygwin's Python
instead of the python.org Python even though c:\Python27 comes before
c:\cygwin\bin in PATH on the Windows builders. The problem is that
Cygwin's python.exe is a symlink, which doesn't work too well when
called outside Cygwin:

As part of yesterday's "upgrade all copies of Bash everywhere"[1]
exercise I upgraded all of the Cygwin packages on the Windows builders.
This included a Python upgrade, which is required by AsciiDoc. I'll see
if I can force CMake to find the right executable using
-DPYTHON_EXECUTABLE but it would be nice if it could figure things out
on its own.

[1] If have Bash installed anywhere, drop what you're doing and upgrade
it now. http://web.nvd.nist.gov/view/vuln/detail?vulnId=CVE-2014-6271

And if you were too on-the-ball yesterday you might need to upgrade it again:
https://web.nvd.nist.gov/view/vuln/detail?vulnId=CVE-2014-7169

Although to quote one of the security-ops people at my $DAY_JOB: "even
with a correct fix in place, the feature of being able to define
functions in your env-vars means that you could potentially override a
bunch of commands that people might execute, and still get arbitrary
code executed."