Wireshark mailing list archives

TCAP/CAMEL protocols dissection problem

From: mosbah abdelkader <mosbah.abdelkader () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 1 Sep 2014 10:14:15 +0100

Hello All,

I am sorry if my question is asked on the wrong place.

I have run the tshark command with the -V argument (to get protocol
details) on a capture file containing CAMEL protocol traces over M2PA
SIGTRAN (lower layers are TCAP/SCCP/MTP3/M2PA/SCTP). But the dissection
only detects the layers M2PA/MTP3/SCCP. Here is the output:

[Protocols in frame: eth:ip:sctp:m2ua:mtp3:sccp:data]

The dissector does not detect TCAP and CAMEL.

I have had the same problem with a file containing INAP and ISUP.

Here are the links of the pcap file and the tshark command output hosted on
google drive:

- pcap:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-lcP-o4fZ9UMjlZeXJQNTVJeU0/edit?usp=sharing
- output:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-lcP-o4fZ9UV2hNNG51emswSlE/edit?usp=sharing

Please help me upon this issue: is there any hint how to get these
protocols decoded correctly? Is this an issue with wireshark dissector?

Best Regards.