Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: Npcap 0.04 call for test

From: Pascal Quantin <pascal.quantin () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 2015 17:23:32 +0200

Le 18 août 2015 5:04 PM, "Yang Luo" <hsluoyb () gmail com> a écrit :

Hi Pascal,

 I have analyzed your log and it shows
that WSK_CLIENT_DISPATCH::WskSocket function fails
with STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED. The result turns out to be a bug: If you launch
Wireshark with no Admin right, the WSK code fails to init, so Npcap
loopback adapter can't be opened. I think you launched Wireshark with no
Admin right in both machines. So I have moved WSK init code to Driver start
routine and get this issue fixed, please try the latest installer at:
https://svn.nmap.org/nmap-exp/yang/NPcap-LWF/npcap-nmap-0.04-r3.exe

Hi Yang,

I confirm I was starting Wireshark without administrative rights.
I will keep you informed of my results once I have the opportunity to test
it.

Cheers,
Pascal.