Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: Npcap 0.03 call for test

From: Pascal Quantin <pascal.quantin () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 3 Aug 2015 12:35:59 +0200

Hi Yang

Hi list,

I think have fixed the BAD_POOL_CALLER BSoD in Npcap 0.03 r3 version, it
turns out to be a memory double-free bug in WFP classifyFn function used
for loopback packet capturing. The lastest installer is:
https://svn.nmap.org/nmap-exp/yang/NPcap-LWF/npcap-nmap-0.03-r3.exe

I have tested it under Win 8.1 x64 with VMware Workstation 11 installed
and Win10 x64, if you encounter any BSoDs with this version, please let me
know.

I just gave it a try on the Windows 7 x64 laptop that was crashing last
week:
- like Tyson my Wifi is no more working when installing Npcap. No issue
when using shutting down Wifi and using Ethernet
- I still get a BSoD when launching Wireshark. The full and mini memory
dumps are available here:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/2oz00ox20kv3oe0/AACFQC83vyKS2dY7bI7hnZBOa?dl=0

Cheers,
Pascal.