Wireshark mailing list archives

Unix compiling errors

From: "POZUELO Gloria (BCS/PSD)" <gloria.pozuelo () bics com>
Date: Tue, 1 Dec 2015 15:25:29 +0000

Hi all,

I'd like to ask you, how could I fix this error, since I'm working on a Windows environment and this error only appears
by compiling for Unix.

error: request for implicit conversion from 'void *' to 'void **' not permitted in C++ [-Werror=c++-compat]
     while (!found && g_hash_table_iter_next(&iter, (gpointer)&gtp_info, (gpointer)&f)) {
     ^
Looking at the Glib reference we can see that g_hash_table_iter_next needs 2 gpointer parameters, but it seems to me
that this is the cause of the error.... gtp_info is a struct and f is a guint32*.

gboolean<https://developer.gnome.org/glib/stable/glib-Basic-Types.html#gboolean>
g_hash_table_iter_next (GHashTableIter<https://developer.gnome.org/glib/stable/glib-Hash-Tables.html#GHashTableIter>
*iter,
                        gpointer<https://developer.gnome.org/glib/stable/glib-Basic-Types.html#gpointer> *key,
                        gpointer<https://developer.gnome.org/glib/stable/glib-Basic-Types.html#gpointer> *value);

And finally I have some doubts about this other error:

error: cast to pointer from integer of different size [-Werror=int-to-pointer-cast]

             g_slist_foreach(teid_list, (GFunc)teid_loop, (gpointer)pinfo->fd->num);

                                                          ^
This can be solve by using GINT_TO_POINTER function?

Thank you very much in advance,

Regards.