Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: Now problems packaging ...

From: Richard Sharpe <realrichardsharpe () gmail com>
Date: Sun, 1 Feb 2015 14:08:51 -0800

On Sun, Feb 1, 2015 at 2:02 PM, Graham Bloice
<graham.bloice () trihedral com> wrote:
Odd, is that VS2013 Express, VS2013 Community Edition or some other
version?
I believe all versions except the Express, which has now been withdrawn
by
MS in favour of the Community edition, include the vcredist files so no
download is needed.

When I start up Visual Studio 2013 it calls itself Professional 2013
and the About Dialog box says Microsoft Visual Studio Professional
2013.

That version should have the vcredist files in the above mentioned location.
I've never needed to manually download the files when using that version.
There's something in the build system  that should manage that but I can't
quite see it yet.

Actually, I just searched for it and it is indeed in C:\Program Files
(x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 12.0\VC\redist\1033.

For some reason it was not being found.

What flavour of VS2013, and what do you have in "C:\Program Files
(x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 12.0\VC\redist\1033"?

There is already a note in the docs (Sect 4.6.1) about other VS variants
that discusses the vcredist files for VS2010 Express, but as there is no
conceivable reason I can think of to not use VS2013 CE, then it's all
rather
historical.

--
Graham Bloice