Wireshark mailing list archives

Is Wireshark maintaining the official WinPcap repo now?

From: Yang Luo <hsluoyb () gmail com>
Date: Sat, 4 Jul 2015 00:29:16 +0800

Hi list,

Since the last mail about how to make NPcap available for Wireshark, I have
been waiting for WinPcap's official repo's news and I fortunately found
this these days: https://github.com/wireshark/winpcap, is this the official
WinPcap repo now? If yes, then what's the review policy? Like recently we
have added the "Admin-only mode" into NPcap, it restricts the capturing
access only to Administrators for security purpose (see details in:
https://github.com/nmap/npcap and http://nmap.org/soc/#winpcap). I don't
know if the review party would like this idea? (and like other parts of
NPcap like current NDIS 6 implementation). And how hard would it be for
NPcap to be merged into WinPcap upstream? I noticed that this repo used
gerrit for code review and it is kind of strict system in my mind:)

Cheers,
Yang