Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: Wireshark not capturing packets from iphone on the same wireless LAN

From: Guy Harris <guy () alum mit edu>
Date: Sat, 13 Jun 2015 17:10:07 -0700

On Jun 13, 2015, at 4:13 PM, "Micheal Blue" <mblue () gmx us> wrote:

Ah, I was unaware of this fact... I do not believe that my hardware on the laptop is supported:

% sudo airmon-ng start wlan0
Found 1 processes that could cause trouble.
If airodump-ng, aireplay-ng or airtun-ng stops working after
a short period of time, you may want to kill (some of) them!

 PID Name
 139 wpa_supplicant

PHY   Interface       Driver          Chipset

null  wlan0           rtl8192cu       Realtek Semiconductor Corp. RTL8188CUS 802.11n WLAN Adapter

Either a hardware problem or a driver problem.  You'll have to do some searching to see which it is; if it's a driver
problem, it might be fixable by using a different driver or a different version of the driver - your search might
indicate that as well.