Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: follow [tcp|ssl].stream with tshark

From: miro.rovis () croatiafidelis hr
Date: Sat, 21 Nov 2015 21:43:38 +0100

On 151121-14:26+0100, miro.rovis () croatiafidelis hr wrote:

Finally I figured out.

It's just that I don't yet know how to open and extract gifs, gzipped
stuff, what not, from those, like I can from what I get with files that
I get when I follow the same streams and save them with Wireshark.

Looking those up, it's the same numbers, just formatted differently, so,
the method is OK ;-) .

I opened a topic about this on Gentoo Forums. This is not such readily
available knowledge that is missing here for me...

How to extract content from tshark-saved streams?
https://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-1033844.html

A question even comes to mind if there is something buggy in how my
tshark saves those streams...?

Pls. help if any of you wizards can find a little time to look into
this. And thank you anyways, these programs are great!
--
Miroslav Rovis
Zagreb, Croatia