Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: Automated Windows build setup? (Chocolatey?)

From: Graham Bloice <graham.bloice () trihedral com>
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 2015 23:17:40 +0000

On 25 November 2015 at 22:54, Guy Harris <guy () alum mit edu> wrote:

On Nov 25, 2015, at 12:02 PM, Alexis La Goutte <alexis.lagoutte () gmail com>
wrote:

On Wed, Nov 25, 2015 at 8:17 PM, Graham Bloice <
graham.bloice () trihedral com> wrote:

There is no current auto-install for Qt.  A manual download and install
is required.  Currently I'm running Qt 5.5.0 (for VS2013) both x86 and
x64.  The Q installs have to be in different directories.

Via online installator, it is not possible to "script" ?

How scripted do you want?  The macosx-setup.sh script runs GUI installers
for both CMake and Qt, so it's not something that can be done with no human
intervention, but it's still a lot simpler than manually installing
everything.

Chocolatey supports downloading an installer and running it, just need to
define the "package".  Maybe I'll have a look at that this weekend.

We host all the 3rd party libs required for Windows except for Qt.  We
don't host the build tools such as Cmake, Cygwin, Python and Nsis either,
but Chocolatey has them covered.

I'm not sure if the Qt licence allows us to redistribute their installer
(haven't checked), and it's huge, so whatever script we use might have to
handle tracking wherever Qt keep the downloads.  IIRC it has changed over
the last year or so.

--
Graham Bloice