Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: Usb dissectors, usb.protocol is always 0x000000

From: Oleksii Shevchuk <public.avatar () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 2015 22:01:10 +0300

Pascal Quantin <pascal.quantin () gmail com> writes:

I tried wireshark in Debian Jessie (1.12) and on gentoo (1.12.8).

Screenshot is here - https://alxchk.me/scr.png
Dump is here - https://alxchk.me/dump.pcapng.gz

// wbr
// Oleksii Shevchuk

 > Hi,
 >
 > ensure to capture the USB enumeration. This is required to fill those
 > fields.
 >
 > Best regards,
 > Pascal.

 To be really sure, I start capture before plugging device to hub.
 There are enumeration, and descriptors are properly parsed. I can
 place pcap somewhere, if this may help.

yes it could be useful. On my side I'm using USBPcap and USB Class ID, Subclass ID and Protocol are properly
populated when the capture contains the USB enumeration.
You did not indicate us which Wireshark version you are using.

BR,
Pascal.