Wireshark mailing list archives

Got "Radiotap data goes past the end of the radiotap header" for Npcap's radiotap header.

From: Yang Luo <hsluoyb () gmail com>
Date: Sat, 9 Apr 2016 15:24:48 +0800

Hi list,

I have added Radiotap header to Windows. Currently only Flags, Channel and
Antenna Signal are supported.

The whole header with Radiotap data is 14 bytes:
8 bytes header + 1 byte Flags + 4 bytes Channel + 1 byte Antenna Signal.

This looks good to me. But Wireshark 2.0.2 warns like below with red color:
*Expert Info (Error/Malformed): Radiotap data goes past the end of the
radiotap header*

So I don't know what happens here. Is there anything wrong with the
radiotap header?

My capture file is:
https://github.com/nmap/npcap/releases/download/v0.06-r14/npcap-nmap-0.06-r14-wifi.pcapng

The Npcap supporting Radiotap header capturing is:
https://github.com/nmap/npcap/releases/download/v0.06-r14/npcap-nmap-0.06-r14-wifi.exe

Cheers,
Yang