Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: checklicenses.py

From: João Valverde <joao.valverde () tecnico ulisboa pt>
Date: Fri, 5 Aug 2016 11:53:39 +0100

On 08/05/2016 11:50 AM, Guy Harris wrote:
On Aug 5, 2016, at 3:36 AM, João Valverde <joao.valverde () tecnico ulisboa pt> wrote:

On 08/05/2016 11:21 AM, Guy Harris wrote:

Should we just grab some version that works and include it in the tools directory, so that we don't get mysterious failures when
updating the version of Ubuntu on the buildbot and don't fail - or require somebody to dig up or install via CPAN - on systems
that don't distribute it?

No... too many CPAN dependencies.

I.e., it's not a standalone script, and you'd have to get a ton of other scripts from CPAN and distribute them as well?

Yes (naturally this is the dependency problem CPAN itself tries to solve).