Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: Redhat binaries

From: Jeff Morriss <jeff.morriss.ws () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2016 09:50:38 -0500

On Thu, Dec 22, 2016 at 8:33 AM, Martin Sehnoutka <msehnout () redhat com>
wrote:

On 12/16/2016 07:46 PM, Jeff Morriss wrote:

That's the base package.  Maybe link to the GUI package instead?

https://apps.fedoraproject.org/packages/wireshark-gnome

(Red Hat hasn't, last time I checked, done anything with the Qt UI.)

I'm maintaining this package and the link to the GUI package is better in
my opinion. We also have a Qt package (wireshark-qt) and a cli package
(wireshark-cli)*. You can install all of them and choose GUI version using
'update-alternatives'.

Nice, thanks!  One of these days I should check out what you've done to see
if we should make any changes to our spec file.  Or feel free to send
changes our way (via Gerrit).