Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: The best method to extract the subset of HTTP fields from the live traffic

From: Abhik Sarkar <sarkar.abhik () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 6 Jan 2016 21:52:16 +0400

Hi,

From your question, it seems the data you wish to extract are not known
fields. However, it's not clear what you are after. If it's non-standard
HTTP headers you are after, it's possible for them to be added as fields
(which will then appear in pinfo).

If that works, you could either continue with your LUA tap, or you could
also check the option of running tshark with the "-T fields" option and
extracting specific fields (with -e) you want. See the manpage for more
info.

Hope this helps.
Abhik.