Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: Column header highlighting.

From: Gerald Combs <gerald () wireshark org>
Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2016 16:10:11 -0800

On 3/4/16 1:27 PM, Jakub Mazur wrote:
Hello,

my 1st mail on this group thus I'd like to say hello to everybody :)

And my question as I'm not familiar with QT yet: which part of the code is
responsible for changing  a background color of a column header (e.g. No.,
Time, Source, Destination, Protocol, etc. ) when a mouse pointer is placed
over the header?

That part of the code is called "the Qt library, specifically QHeaderView." You should be able to change the packet
list column header background using a stylesheet[1] or by subclassing QHeaderView and overriding its drawing routines.
We don't currently do either.

[1] http://doc.qt.io/qt-4.8/stylesheet-examples.html#customizing-qheaderview