Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: Trouble with COMMIT_EDITMSG

From: Graham Bloice <graham.bloice () trihedral com>
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2016 10:43:53 +0000

On 10 March 2016 at 08:05, FIXED-TERM Scholz Tobias (DC-IA/EAI3) <
fixed-term.Tobias.Scholz () boschrexroth de> wrote:

Hello again,

thanks for your answer Pascal. I’m currently over it and trying to fix
that merge issue.

I now resetted my local repository with  “git reset --hard origin“.
Afterwards doing a “git checkout” command it says: “Your branch is
up-to-date with ‘origin/master”. (Exactly what I wanted.)

Pulling my upload from the Gerrit server with “git pull …“ GIT Bashs shows
me, that all the files of my patch have been changed. (At this point
everything is ok.)

(Commit Message is not showed in the download list, but as I understand
everything correctly, this file will be automatically created, isn’t it?)

After another “git checkout HEAD” to check my patch download, GIT already
tells me that my branch is head of “origin/master” by 2 commits. But I
didn’t change anything after the pull command or is that the problem Pascal
mentioned, that I perhaps did an pull, which was ahead of “origin/master”?

Can someone help me, who knows the GIT commands to solve this problem?

(I just want to pull my patch à get the used commit message with its
ChangeID from Gerrit à edit the files à uploading it as a new patch
version again …)

If you've removed your branch, which is what "git-review -f" does, then to
get a branch back (or to download someone else's change, I use "git-review
-d xxx" where xxx is the change number, in your case "git-review -d
14119".  This will create and checkout a branch
"review/t_scholz/PROFINET_PROFIsafe_Dissection", with the HEAD at the last
patch submitted.

Make changes, git commit --amend to retain the commit message with its
Change-Id then git-review to submit it to Gerrit.

I don't normally submit with "git-review -f" so the branch is left around
until it's merged with master (or whatever) then I can manually remove the
branch with "git branch -D review/...".

--
Graham Bloice