Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: Missing protocols and wishlist

From: Michael Mann <mmann78 () netscape net>
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2016 08:22:17 -0500

I believe the wishlist on the wiki is intended for "internal" changes to wireshark (new/better ways to handle some of
the internals that don't impact users).
There are requests for capture files (not missing protocols) on the SampleCaptures page.  Most of those requests seem
to be of protocols Wireshark already supports.

In general, I think we try to steer people to Bugzilla with enhancement requests as it also provides a good way to
attach a sample trace of the desired protocol too.