Wireshark mailing list archives

Setting OID_DOT11_CURRENT_OPERATION_MODE failed with error code 1

From: Yang Luo <hsluoyb () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 9 May 2016 13:59:43 +0800

Hi list,

I'm adding set wireless adapter operation mode function to WlanHelper tool
(shipped with Npcap). I called PacketRequest in packet.dll to do the OID
setting and getting.

The code is here:
https://github.com/nmap/npcap/blob/master/packetWin7/WlanHelper/WlanHelper/Tool.cpp#L257-L301

My system is Win10 x64 with a Atheros wireless card. I can successfully get
the operation mode, but the setting to monitor mode fails with error code 1
(from GetLastError). However, I can successfully set operation mode
using WlanSetInterface call (
https://github.com/nmap/npcap/blob/master/packetWin7/WlanHelper/WlanHelper/WlanHelper.cpp#L422-L450
)

I googled around but didn't find anything valuable. Why my OID way fails?
Thanks!

Cheers,
Yang