Wireshark mailing list archives

Sequential history of applied display filters

From: Bartosz Kiziukiewicz <kiziuk () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 17 May 2016 15:21:11 +0200

Hi,

Sometimes I do lots of packet analysis that start with a simple
display filter and then additional filters are added (like follow
TCP/UDP stream), then the last applied filter is discarded and another
filter is applied - much the same like surfing the web and using the
Back button in the browser.
Is there any possibility in Wireshark 2 to have a sequential list of
last applied filters? There is a drop-down list in the filter bar that
does almost the thing I need, but it lists sequentially all new
filters (not those applied). If there are many actions like:
start-filter -> new-filter -> back -> new-filter -> back - then the
start-filter goes down on the list and finally gets lost.
I miss the Back button that would apply a previously applied filter,
so the work would be faster for longer display filters. Can it be
somehow achieved in Wireshark?

Cheers,
Bartosz.