Wireshark mailing list archives

Graph number of concurrent HTTP connections?

From: Hugo van der Kooij <hugo.van.der.kooij () qi nl>
Date: Thu, 19 May 2016 08:37:24 +0000

Hi,

I have been looking into an issue where I suspect that the client can’t connect to a proxy server due to the limit of
concurrent connections.
As I have a full packet capture of such an incident I was looking for a way to make a graph of the amount of
connections over the duration of the packet capture.

I could do a rough estimate if I filter with:
((tcp.flags.syn == 1) || (tcp.flags.fin == 1) || (tcp.flags.reset == 1)) && (tcp.dstport == 80)

But is there a way to calculate the concurrent sessions?

Regards,
Hugo.

Met vriendelijke groet / With kind regards,

Hugo van der Kooij
network engineer

[cid:image962cf2.JPG@376fa4c2.40910811]<https://www.qi.nl/over-qi-ict>

Delft<https://www.qi.nl/vestigingen#delft> - Noord-Oost<https://www.qi.nl/vestigingen#Qi-ict-noordoost> -
Zuid<https://www.qi.nl/vestigingen#qi-ict-zuid>
[cid:imagee50c78.PNG@ce58961f.43909de0]<http://www.facebook.com/qiict>  [cid:image78bb6a.JPG@27ef4770.47805e48]
<https://nl.linkedin.com/company/qi-ict>        [cid:imageadb412.JPG@49ee07be.4eaf7fc5] <http://twitter.com/qiict>
[cid:image81172d.JPG@b84bd49b.44b187b0] <http://www.youtube.com/user/QiictDelft>

T: +31 15 888 0 345     F: +31 15 888 0 445
E: hugo.van.der.kooij () qi nl<mailto:hugo.van.der.kooij () qi nl>    I:  www.qi.nl<http://www.qi.nl>