Wireshark mailing list archives

Calling the lte-rrc disector from within mac-lte for NB-IoT

From: Andre Puschmann <andre.puschmann () softwareradiosystems com>
Date: Wed, 9 Nov 2016 15:28:13 +0100

Hi,

I'd like to dissect NB-IoT frames using the lte-rrc dissector from
within the mac-lte one. The mac-lte dissector currently only calls the
_normal_ LTE dissectors and I therefore wanted to add support for the
NB-IoT ones as well.

I saw that in packet-mac-lte.h there is already a MAC_LTE_NB_MODE_TAG
tag present. Is that supposed to be used for NB-IoT? If so, how do you
think about the below addition to the mac-lte dissector? It's not meant
to be a pull-request, it's just to see if I got it right.

Thanks
Andre