Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: Changes to the Wireshark Wiki

From: Graham Bloice <graham.bloice () trihedral com>
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2016 09:29:45 +0100

On 23 October 2016 at 11:09, Eddi Blenkers <eddi () packet-foo net> wrote:

Dear all,
I have created an account on the Wireshark Wiki, using my handle from
ask.wireshark.org (packethunter).

During the Sharkfest EU this week I gave a presentation on SMB. A number
of attendees have requested the traces that were used to prepared the
presentation. I feel, that the Wireshark wiki is probably the best place to
make the traces available to a larger audience.

Please let me know, if there is a better way to publish the trace files.
If this is of interest, I could add a few more traces showing odd behavior
of systems, or add content to the sections describing SMB / SMB2.

Also, I noticed that the SMB2 part of the wiki could use a few amendments.
In my opinion, reference to SMB3 and a comment on the handshake could be
useful. Alas, the page seems to be immutable for me.

Lotsa greetings from Switzerland

/Eddi Blenkers

             mailto:wireshark-dev-request () wireshark org?subject=unsubscr
ibe

Hi Eddi,

Presentations and their supporting files such as captures are to be sent to
sharkfest () riverbed org where they are added to the SharkFest retrospective
site (https://sharkfest.wireshark.org/retrospective.html), as requested on
the Instructors "Know before you go" emails sent by Janice:

   - Please provide your slide decks and recorded presentations for
      uploading to the SharkFest’16 Europe website Retrospective page
as soon as
      you’re able post-event.  If they’re not forthcoming within a
week after the
      conference ends, be prepared for relentless pursuit until we have them!

--
Graham Bloice