Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: GUI Change for Wireshark Remote Interfaces

From: Peter Wu <peter () lekensteyn nl>
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2016 13:14:58 +0200

On Thu, Oct 27, 2016 at 12:57:53PM +0200, Roland Knall wrote:
I've changed the title to something that helps me recognize it, but I can
change it to something else.

The show column is a duplicate of the list of interfaces in the first tab.
The basic idea would be to manage all general issues of the interfaces
(hide/show, comments, ...) in the first tab, use the second to add pipes
and the third to remote interfaces.

But on a more general note, as you cannot store the remote interfaces, why
should you want to hide them? They are only valid in the current session
anyway?

Not being able to store remote interface is probably a bug / missing
feature. See for example user responses at
https://ask.wireshark.org/questions/47141/remote-capture-on-startup

Kind regards,
Peter

regards
Roland

On Thu, Oct 27, 2016 at 12:36 PM, Graham Bloice <graham.bloice () trihedral com