Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: Devices in tshark versus dumpcap

From: Gisle Vanem <gisle.vanem () gmail com>
Date: Sat, 29 Apr 2017 11:29:53 +0200

Graham Bloice wrote:

Unsure whether this is related, but MSVC2015 support is regarded as "experimental".  The official builds are still using
VS2013.

Really. MSVC-2015 is much better regarding C99 conformance etc.

    The above "read 21 indicator: S empty value" for me indicates a problem in
    the pipe I/O between tshark and dumpcap. No?

Are you building the stable version or dev (2.2.x or 2.3x)?

The one from a 'git clone https://code.wireshark.org/review/wireshark&apos;.
Should be the latest?

--
--gv