Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: Can't compile on CentoOS

From: Pascal Quantin <pascal.quantin () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2017 16:22:09 +0200

Hi Dan,

TECHNOLOGY SOLUTIONS] <daniel.m.solis () nasa gov>:

Hi all,

I apologize if this isn’t the right place to post this question, but the
“Building and Installing Wireshark” document said “If you cannot
determine what the problems are, send an email to the *wireshark-dev* mailing
list explaining your problem.”, so here I am.

I’m running on an Oracle VM that is running
*centos-release-6-7.el6.centos.12.3.x86_64*. And I downloaded the
following source package from the git repository. (Although any recent
checkin would be fine.)

There is no *configure* file, so I ran *./config.guess* to which I got
the following response: *x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu*. So I’m blocked. What
do I need to do to get to a compile?

As stated in
https://www.wireshark.org/docs/wsdg_html_chunked/ChSrcBuildFirstTime.html#_building_on_unix,
when using autofoo you are supposed to run ./autogen.sh so as to generate
./configure

Alternatively, if you have cmake on your machine, you can run cmake instead
of ./autogen.sh followed by ./configure

Any reason why you are picking the old stable branch?

Best regards,
Pascal.