Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: Bugs no longer autoclose?

From: Michael Mann via Wireshark-dev <wireshark-dev () wireshark org>
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2017 11:31:24 -0400

This was briefly discussed on -core back in March (when you brought it up then).

Copy/pasted the comments from there (conversation between you and Gerald):

It looks like we've run into j2bugzilla issue:

https://github.com/TomRK1089/j2bugzilla/issues/14

That is unfortunate, but ...

It also looks like we're the only people on the planet trying to integrate Gerrit and Bugzilla.

things like this makes this such a cool project to work on. :)

As an alternative to its-bugzilla we could ping and close bugs using hook scripts:
https://code.wireshark.org/review/Documentation/config-hooks.html
Anyone feel like writing (and debugging) a script?

I've been trying to keep up "manually" with closing bugs (especially if I'm the one giving the +2 and submitting)
because I'm not a script writer, but until the issue is addressed, it would be appreciated if developers would close
their bugs once patches with Bug: XXXX tagline are submitted.