Wireshark mailing list archives

RST In video streaming over TCP socket?

From: samira afzal <afzal.samira () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 7 Feb 2017 03:38:46 -0200

Hi everyone,
I don't know that i can ask it in this forum or not. but i couldn't receive
any reply in
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/42031219/rst-in-video-streaming-over-tcp-socket
.
I hope your help.

up vote
down votefavorite
<http://stackoverflow.com/questions/42031219/rst-in-video-streaming-over-tcp-socket#>

I have an application for video streaming over UDP and it works completely
success. I changed the socket to TCP. When it is running after a few
packets transferring, receiver sends RST and it stops working. (The packet
with a large length is also strange which transferred from sender to
receiver while MTU is 1400 - what is this packet?)

[image: enter image description here] <https://i.stack.imgur.com/eGXGX.png>

I checked receiver and sender log. The last packet that was received by
receiver has a large and strange sequence number (dump packet). It makes an
error and then application stops. Sender is not sending such a packet.
Where is this packet come from? Is it transport layer that makes it?

[image: enter image description here] <https://i.stack.imgur.com/5XN91.png>

When I added a sleep time (0.1 second) to the sender after each packet
sending. The program works without any strange large length packets in
Wireshark or strange sequence number But this is not a reasonable solution
for video. What is your suggestion now? what could be the problem? How
could analyze this network? How could solve it?

Thanks in advance