Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: Thousands of entries removed from the manuf file

From: Zach Chadwick <zachad () cloudshark org>
Date: Tue, 3 Jan 2017 18:06:26 -0500

On Jan 3, 2017, at 12:26 PM, Alexis La Goutte <alexis.lagoutte () gmail com>
wrote:

Yes, i look like there is a issue for get oui(.txt) database on ieee
website

There is a guard ( https://code.wireshark.org/review/18030 ) but only
on master...

I backported all the changes to manuf.tmpl, wka.tmpl, and tools/make-manuf
that weren't in the 2.2 branch to that branch and all the changes that
weren't in the 2.0 branch to the 2.0 branch, and then just copied the manuf
file from the master branch to those branches (running tools/make-manuf was
taking too long to download the OUI list; standards.ieee.org might have
decided that I was abusing it and throttled me).

Thanks Guy. It's looking good again on this end.  I was noticing the
standards.ieee.org site was rather slow as well.