Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: VS 2015 or not

From: Roland Knall <rknall () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 6 Jan 2017 14:48:20 +0100

VS2015 is safe for now, although I'd not got any further up. Basically,
when a new VS version is being released it might take some time, to get
special IDE shenanigans back-ported, same goes with new Xcode versions on
Mac. If you want to build plugins against official versions of WS, or just
want to distribute versions of plugins, which should run with official
versions of WS, you have to get the VS2013 route, as otherwise the end-user
might run into a dll-linkage hell with the c++ redistributables.

regards
Roland

On Fri, Jan 6, 2017 at 1:50 PM, Graham Bloice <graham.bloice () trihedral com>