Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: Build error with VS2013 Ultimate

From: Graham Bloice <graham.bloice () trihedral com>
Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2017 21:44:40 +0100

On 6 July 2017 at 19:37, e-mail graham.shanks via Wireshark-dev <
wireshark-dev () wireshark org> wrote:

I have a problem with building Wireshark on a 64-bit Windows 8 machine
using VS2013 Ultimate. I last built Wireshark on on this machine about 6
months ago, so I started a completely new development by installing and
preparing the sources as per the development guide. When building the
sources I get 8 errors, all basically as follows:

"C:\Development\wsbuild64\Wireshark.sln" (default target) (1) ->
"C:\Development\wsbuild64\wireshark.vcxproj.metaproj" (default target)
(69) ->
"C:\Development\wsbuild64\wireshark.vcxproj" (default target) (138) ->
C:\Development\wsbuild64\image\wireshark.rc(1): fatal error RC1015:
cannot open include file 'winver.h'. [C:\Development\wsbuild64\
wireshark.vcxproj]

Inspecting the solution file the $(WindowsSDK_IncludePath) macro is
pointing to the correct system directory (i.e., it contains winver.h) and
is included in the VC++ Directories property.

Any pointers to what is wrong?

Regards

Graham

Some questions:

   1. Are you building from the command line with msbuild or using the
   Visual Studio IDE?
   2. Can you attach the output of the CMake configuration step, this can
   be done by redirecting the output of the command to a text file and
   attaching that file i.e. "cmake ... ">&1 >cmake.txt"
   3. Similarly, can you attach the output of the msbuild step, i.e.
   "msbuild ... 2>&1 >build.txt"

--
Graham Bloice