Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: How do I register a sub-dissector for HTTP2?

From: Guy Harris <guy () alum mit edu>
Date: Sat, 10 Jun 2017 22:05:33 -0700

On Jun 10, 2017, at 4:19 PM, Richard Sharpe <realrichardsharpe () gmail com> wrote:

Let's say I want to register a sub-dissector for HTTP2 on port 50051,
how do I do that?

Step 1: add support to the HTTP/2 dissector for actually parsing headers and, based on the content type etc., handing
the dissector off to the appropriate sub-dissector.

Step 2: register the sub-dissector in whatever table the code added in Step 1 uses.