Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: Ubuntu PPAs

From: Bálint Réczey <balint () balintreczey hu>
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2017 17:23:02 +0100

On Tue, Mar 14, 2017 at 12:29:24AM +0100, Bálint Réczey wrote:
Hi,

I have created a separate PPA for backported dependencies of Wireshark:
https://launchpad.net/~wireshark-dev/+archive/ubuntu/wireshark-deps

This would help people running internal builds of Wireshark. (Hi
Anders, sorry for the delay ;-))

I plan removing the dependencies from the wireshark-dev/stable PPA to
remove redundancy:
https://launchpad.net/~wireshark-dev/+archive/ubuntu/stable

Is it possible to express dependencies between PPAs? Otherwise you would
run into missing dependency issues I think?

Yes, I have already set the dependency relation for the PPAs, but I
would like to give
them a try before I remove the redundant packages from wireshark-dev/stable.

Cheers,
Balint