Wireshark mailing list archives

Decommissioning ftp.wireshark.org

From: Gerald Combs <gerald () wireshark org>
Date: Tue, 9 May 2017 17:17:52 -0700

We've had an FTP server up and running at ftp://ftp.wireshark.org for a number of years[1]. We don't really advertise
it and as a result it's largely unused. The current server logs show less than 20 downloads per week. Unless anyone has
any strong objections I'd like to shut it down at the end of the month (May 31st).

[1] About 17 or 18 years if you count ftp.ethereal.com.