Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: Wireshark 2.4.1 build errors (with Qt 4)

From: "Kilian, Jens" <jens.kilian () advantest com>
Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2017 10:24:44 +0000

From: Michael Mann <mmann78 () netscape net>
To: wireshark-dev () wireshark org
Subject: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Wireshark 2.4.1 build errors (with Qt 4)
[...]
Is this list of compile errors in addition to the ones you found on
master?  If you can submit a patch for the master-2.4 branch, that would
certainly be appreciated (and accepted).   Since the 2.4 branch is mostly
bugfixes (the rare exception being horrific UI issues), I don't think
additional compile errors should result going forward.

Hi Michael,
This is essentially the list of problems I first submitted a patch for (on master-2.4).  I was then asked to submit on
master instead, and I fixed some additional problems.  At the time I submitted the patch, I was able to build both
master & master-2.4.

Best regards,

        Jens.