Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: Wireshark 2.4.1 on Sierra 10.12.6 is hanging during interface discovery process

From: Guy Harris <guy () alum mit edu>
Date: Sun, 10 Sep 2017 15:09:30 -0700

On Sep 10, 2017, at 12:46 PM, Noah <noah-list () enabled com> wrote:

Apologies in advance I cross posted to this list since there is appears to be more activity here.

Wireshark 2.4.1 on Sierra 10.12.6 is hanging during interface discovery process. What can I do to clear this up?

The first step towards clearing it up is to determine why it's happening.  It's not happening with 2.4.1 on my machine
running 10.12.6.

One thing to try would be to quit Wireshark (force-quitting it if necessary), temporarily rename the
/Applications/Wireshark.app/Contents/MacOS/extcap directory to /Applications/Wireshark.app/Contents/MacOS/NOTextcap,
and starting Wireshark again.

Then let us know whether it still hangs, and rename the directory back to
/Applications/Wireshark.app/Contents/MacOS/extcap.