Wireshark mailing list archives

Question about git style

From: Craig Jackson <cejackson51 () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 1 Jan 2018 17:44:49 -0500

I'm curious whether each submission to gerrit must be a single commit. I'm
accustomed with other source management systems to making a branch and then
committing fairly frequently. I would do intermediate commits before I had
anything complete enough to be added to the mainline code of what I was
working on.

I'm new to git and gerrit, but it seems like gerrit wants each submission
to be a single commit.

What is the best style? Should I do a commit, and then amend it as I
continue to develop?

Craig Jackson