Wireshark mailing list archives

Issues with Ubuntu LTS 18.04

From: Mike Cross via Wireshark-users <wireshark-users () wireshark org>
Date: Wed, 4 Jul 2018 16:03:33 -0500

Hi,

When I run 'sudo tcpdump' I can see packets.

When I run 'sudo wireshark' I can see adapter "enp4s0" but it has a message saying /usr/share/wireshark/init.lua:44: dofile has been disabled due to running Wireshark as SuperUser.

When I run Wireshark from the GUI, it does not list any of the adapters I am familiar with, but things like "Cisco" "randpkt" and "ssh" ...

How do I get it to see the real NIC?

Thanks,

Mike Cross

msc0357 () yahoo com