Wireshark mailing list archives

ACKed segment that wasn't captured

From: luke devon via Wireshark-users <wireshark-users () wireshark org>
Date: Fri, 1 Jun 2018 02:47:06 +0000 (UTC)

Hi,

While analysing the captured pcap in wireshark ,I have found significant occurrences of following messages. There is
noextra hops in between the switch and particular server where I am capturing thetraces using dumpcap. As I checked, I
don’t see any packet TX/RX failures  in the server’s network interfaces.

May I know what could be the root cause and howcan I fix it ?

ACKed segment that wasn't captured (common at capture start)
Previous segment(s) not captured (common at capture start)

Thank youLuke