Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: Dump forwarding

From: Jaap Keuter <jaap.keuter () xs4all nl>
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2018 14:46:53 +0100

tcpreplay?

On 19 Nov 2018, at 11:21, luca paganotti <luca.paganotti () gmail com> wrote:

Yes, exactly. I wish to get the data section of each packet and deliver it to a specific port ...

Thanks for answering :-)

On Mon, Nov 19, 2018 at 11:19 AM Guy Harris <guy () alum mit edu <mailto:guy () alum mit edu>> wrote:
On Nov 19, 2018, at 2:03 AM, luca paganotti <luca.paganotti () gmail com <mailto:luca.paganotti () gmail com>> wrote:

Hi, I'm relatively new to wireshark, but not a power user. I've a .pcapng file containing the dump of an UDP
stream.
I'm wondering if, by any means, I can read the dump and forward it to a custom port on some box.

So do you mean that you want to take each packet in the pcapng file and send it on a networking port (e.g., an
Ethernet port)?