Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: Pointers needed for building Wireshark 2.6.3 on a Raspberry Pi model 3B (armv7 processor?)

From: Ed Beroset <beroset () mindspring com>
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2018 11:29:34 -0400

On 9/17/18 1:04 PM, Jaap Keuter wrote:
HI,

Just a few responses on some items here. It seems that you got into building a (rather complicated) program for the
first time. Please excuse us for not being in the business of teaching ‘first timers’ how this is done on the multitude
of platforms this software is supposed to run on. That is just out of our scope. However, we do try to make the process
as smooth as possible by preparing the build system in great detail.

One thing that occurs to me is that it might be good to summarize "what you should already know" for various kinds of tasks one might want to do, e.g. just building versus actually getting in a fixing things. If I make an attempt to write such a thing, I imagine it should go into chapter 1 of the Wireshark Developer's Guide. Is there a better place for it?

Ed