Wireshark mailing list archives

Wireshark on Windows 10 -trying to sniff traffic on a remote machine via sshdump not working

From: AllSort ofQuestions via Wireshark-users <wireshark-users () wireshark org>
Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2019 17:44:09 +0000 (UTC)

Hi guys
I am trying to sniff the traffic on a remote Linux machineThe local machine is Windows 10 and the wireshark version is
2.9 (I also tried 2.6.6, latest obtained via Check for updates)
Here is what the debug file shows me when I use the sshdump interface
cmdline: C:\ProgramFiles\Wireshark\extcap\sshdump.exe --capture --extcap-interface sshdump --fifo
\\.\pipe\wireshark_extcap_sshdump_20190119121535 --remote-host 10.16.31.37 --remote-password XXXXXXXXXXX --debugtrue
--remote-sudo true --remote-capture-command tcpdump -U -i ens160 -w---debug-file debug.txt --remote-username minime
--remote-interface ens160 Remote capture command has disabled otheroptionsRunning: tcpdump -U-i ens160 -w-

the firewall is inactiveusing tcpdump at the remote end I can see wireshark trying to establish connection
using who shows me no user from my worskstation address..I think the session is not opening but I can't say what is
wrong

thanksMiniMe