Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: Calling the NR-MAC dissector

From: Andre Puschmann <andre.puschmann () softwareradiosystems com>
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2019 22:42:09 +0200

Hi Pascal,

thanks for the quick reply. But enabling it can only be done at
compile-time or is there a hidden config I can use with pre-built binaries?

Thanks
Andre

On 18/7/19 22:05, Pascal Quantin wrote:
Hi Andre,

Le jeu. 18 juil. 2019 à 22:02, Andre Puschmann
<andre.puschmann () softwareradiosystems com
<mailto:andre.puschmann () softwareradiosystems com>> a écrit :

    Hey,

    I am trying to use the MAC-NR dissector with a PCAP that capsules the
    PDUs in UDP frames. It wasn't working out of the box but looking into
    the code it seems the heuristic isn't enabled by default. The attached
    trivial patch fixes the issue and Wireshark can dissect NR PDUs within
    UDP packets. Any reason why this isn't enabled by default? What's the
    preferred way to create and analyze NR captures?

Yes it is not enabled by default for performance reasons (like the LTE
MAC dissector by the way).
Given that it is used by quite few people I do not think it makes sense
to enable it by default.

Best regards,
Pascal.